Continuing our hints on keeping healthy bones, we suggest green tea, checking your hormone levels, avoiding cigarette smoke and excessive alcohol, and ensuring an adequate calcium and vitamin D intake.
Vitamin D is becoming increasingly known amongst doctors as more and more important to prevent various types of diseases, yet vitamin D deficiency is common. Today we discuss the special importance of adequate vitamin D in pregnant women, and for women trying to become pregnant.
Yes, we do shrink as we get older. Here is how to fight that:
1. Don’t smoke, and keep your weight reasonable.
2. Eat a good balanced diet, avoiding sugar and saturated fats.
3. Get enough calcium and vitamin D.
4. Do aerobic exercise daily, if only 30 minutes of brisk walking.
5. Do weight bearing exercises at least three times a week, with special emphasis on abdominal muscles.
A new study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, showed that elderly people taking calcium supplements and…